Wow!!  I haven't done the blog in awhile.  Becky is going to shoot me!!!  She said to go ahead and update the blog while she was gone but I have started playing with the look of it besides updating it, if you didn't notice.  (We missed having you there, Becky!!! We hope you are well.  Also glad to hear the wonderful news, Yvonne!!!  Have fun out in the world.)

Here is Jeanette delicious pasta salad recipe:

Mediterranean Pasta Salad
12 oz. rotini or rotilla pasta freshly cooked and drained

1 red, green, or yellow pepper diced

4 roma tomatoes diced (or use cherry tomatoes cut in half)

½ cup pitted black olives

8 oz. Feta or Mozzarella cheese cubed

1 Cucumber quartered and diced (optional)

2 T. shredded or grated parmesan cheese

Toss salad ingredients with dressing and then sprinkle parmesan cheese on top

Pesto Dressing:

 2/3 C. of olive oil or salad oil

3 T. red wine vinegar

¼ - ½ C. fresh basil

1 green onion

3 minced garlic

1 ½ t. salt

¼ t. dried oregano
Put all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. 

Now on to our pictures of our fun quilt meeting.  And it was our summer potluck, too!!  AND at Diane's new house!!  What fun we had.  Enjoy the pictures, ladies.  : )

One view of the blocks made to now be put
together for a quilt top to be contributed
for the Festival of Trees

Another view of the blocks for the quilt
top to be made for the Festival of Trees

Such a fun bunch!!!

I can't believe how much wonderful, tasty food we had!!

Enjoying each other's company and food.
What could be better??

Diane, one of our birthday girls for July.
She is show one of her favorite quilts.

And me, another birthday girl for the month.  I went with
 my least favorite quilt.  It is beautiful to look at, but it was
 quilted so tight, that it isn't a real soft, snuggly quilt to me.  

And the winner of the favorite blocks was
1st place Diane, 2nd place Marsha, and 3rd place me, Nancy

Susan finished the jelly roll quilt ... gosh
it came out wonderful.  Sorry you missed
 the fun, but we loved seeing your quilt!
Great job!!

Kathy showing us her jelly roll quilt with borders
added.  It is so rich looking.  Many asked what
 was the name of the fabric because
I think a few wanted to gets some.

Cathy is an awesome crafter but her sister
has tons of talent too.  Her sister sent
Cathy a couple of cross-stitch items.  

Cathy with a pillow her sister made for
her with a cross-stitched center.
She is ready for the holidays.

Jeanette, another of the birthday girls,
won this quilt in a raffle at a
family reunion.  It was hand quilted by
 her husband's cousin,  Gary.  : )

Suzanne's "My Clinton City Heritage" quilt
entry. The centers of the white squares
have the names of 12 women who have
been important in Suzanne's life. They include
... her Mom and 2 grandma's, Mother-in-law and
 
Wesley's 2 grandma's, my Aunt G, her aunt
 
Anne, my daughters LizVictoria and
daughter-in-law 
Christina and the
woman who gave me life

And it is time for quilt bingo!!

Awful intense looks for Bingo, wouldn't you say?
Or is it they are just trying to figure out what
block is what color called out.  LOL

"Darn I wish she would call my color fabric
 ... I just need one more for Bingo" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse Utah Quilt Guild November 14, 2023

June 14th Quilt Guild Meeting