HQMS

So a couple of us (me, Suzanne, and Teri) from quilt group decided to go to HQMS together on opening day.  We also invited a friend, Rebecca, of Suzanne's from her knitting group.  All 4 of us enjoyed the show tremendously and each other's company.  (Thanks for driving, Suzanne)  I sure hope many of you got to go ... and didn't wipe out your life savings at the vendors.  Oh there was SO much to look at and buy!!  If you didn't get to go,  I am posting several of the quilts at the show that I found to be wonderful.

I thought this pattern was fun for the
fabrics

Trying to catch a picture of Suzanne with some
wonderful quilts as the background

I thought this was a very fun quilt

Gosh I wonder if someday I could ever
make a quilt like this

Or me make a quilt like this one.  This
I thought this pattern really make the colors pop.

You will have to forgive me.  I took a lot of pictures
of whimsical quilts.  They are my favorites.

This is a quilt my aunt sure would love.
She LOVES to garden.

Again me trying to sneak a picture of our
group admiring the quilts

I could not believe how much work went
into this quilt.  Plus having a 3-D effect

How could a person not love a quilt
that had thread as its focal point.  : )

I so admire the person that put this quilt
together.  I would have made so many mistakes
going cross-eyed trying to remember/figure
out where each piece went.  

Oh I so wish I could have bought this quilt.
The little ornaments on the tree come off to
be put in each of the little pockets of the
numbers.  An advent type of quilt.
How awesome!!!

Again, a quilt I would have made tons of
mistake on trying to piece it all together.
What a super job this quilter did!!

I could not resist loving this quilt.  I guess it was
because of the tiny little guy surfing inside the curl of the
wave.  How adorable is that?!

I love the color white and pastels.  So
you know this quilt hit home for me.  

I so loved the modern look of this quilt.
How unique.  I have a friend back in
Connecticut that probably would

When I graduated high school some umpteen
years ago, I then when to college for a
year to design homes.  I didn't end up with
a job doing it, but I still have a huge love of
homes.  That means when I saw this quilt,
I was excited to view it for all its details!

How fun is this quilt?!  All the little caption
blocks.  Just thinking of all little
conversations that could be going on.

How modern!!  I love it!

This was so intriguing.  This quilt group was given a
focal fabric (the gold).  Each person made a block.
 Then they displayed each block by putting it beside
another block by the focal fabric.    

How adorable!!!

This was the quilt that did it for me when it
comes to quilt machining.  Just to take a piece
of fabric and then machine quilt designs only
by changing the color.  It was just SO beautiful

And of course everyone thinks of a quilt
being a form of a blanket.  But not this.  This
quilt jacket was ... amazing!!!  The work
involved!

Again, another quilt that took my breath
away.  The machine quilting that
was done to produce this, such talent!!

The amount of pieces in the is quilt ... and to align them
all to have this finished art work ... was just beautiful.  

I had to add this quilt to the blog because
I only took the picture for my daughter.  She
loves "Dr. Who".  Well after a few of her and my
friends saw it, I couldn't believe the screams
of delight, so here it is for others to see, too.



Who doesn't love a colorful starfish!?

Then of course who doesn't love a 3-D
quilt of a bride.  It is beautiful

The title of this quilt was, "Self Portrait".
I found this a very interesting quilt.  It was
probably the size of a king.  

If you didn't like the Starfish quilt, then you must of the
Mermaid Quilt instead. 


Of all the quilts, this one was my favorite.
I say again, I love whimsical quilts.  so this
one had my vote for best in show.  : )


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse Utah Quilt Guild November 14, 2023

June 14th Quilt Guild Meeting