So I am a tab bit late, again, on posting to our blog.  I always try to have it updated within a few days of our meeting, but alas I missed our October meeting due to the fact my husband said I needed some best friend time ... and my best friend lives in Florida.  Who was I to argue with my husband, so off to Florida I went.  After spending a fair amount of time in September in Connecticut addressing an ailing mom, going to Florida was such fun.  My best friend took me to FOUR haunted houses!!  I never laughed so much in my life!  It was what I needed, but enough about me.

That means since I went to Florida, I missed out on the Utah Quilt Guild quilt show.  That was a bit disappointing, but I can't wait to hear at November's meeting all the fun time all of you had there!!  There has GOT to be tons of stories to tell.

Anyways, on to looking at the pictures of October's meeting.  Since I wasn't able to attend the meeting, dear Jeanette, was so good to me again and took pictures for me.  Thank you thank you thank you, Jeanette!!  




Our sweet, dear Connie was a birthday girl this month.
 (She is the one on the right)

Connie showing one of her earlier quilts she hand quilted!
 Beautiful work there birthday girl.

Ok Connie, if you would like this one to
be displayed somewhere, my quilt rack
 in my kitchen has a place for it.  : )

Ok ... the perfect word for this quilt ... gorgeous!! 

Our wonderful president, giving lots of good
 information she has learned about the
different kinds of batting we use
with our quilts.  

Our talented Susan, giving some instructions about
needle punching that can be done to our quilts.
I bet that was fascinating to learn.  

Susan makes such beautiful quilts!!

Yup, again, another quilt just screaming to come be
on my display quilt rack on my kitchen wall!!!

  And I am told that Susan has even designed some patterns.
What a gift she has.  

Here is a quilt that Lynda made.  It is call,
 "A Year to Crow About".
Look at all the work that went into that!


And here is our brilliant Marsha showing a stack and whack
 quilt that she said was so much fun to put together.  

Then Marsha showed a quilt made out of Japanese fabric
that she made for her aunt.  Her aunt is one of the women
 that started the Festival of Trees years ago.  How wonderful!!


Our fun Maggie, showing some Halloween pillow cases she made.  They are such an entertaining item!!! 

Wow, Carol!! What a splendid looking quilt! 

And I am told this was a guest we had.  Thanks for coming
 and sharing, Rachel.  That is one fine looking quilt you made.  

Our precious Becky, showed us several items she has created.  

Another item Becky showed was a strip
pieced purse she made.  

Our beloved, Shelley, came with three darling baby quilts
 for  her 2nd grandchild who is going to be a boy.
Here is the first.

The second baby quilt made by Shelley.

And then the 3rd baby quilt.  I think this
 little baby boy is sure lucky to have
such a sweet grandmother!!

Our quilt is in the process of contributing the
"Disappearing Nine Patch" block that is to be made
 into a quilt drawing in December. 

More samples of the "Disappearing Nine Patch".  They are fun and I can't wait to see the finished quilt.  : )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse Utah Quilt Guild November 14, 2023