The new year has begun … with lots of happy, fun ladies!!!  I am doing a little bit of filling in this month for our new secretary (due to family matters) with the blog.  Sorry there wasn't as many pictures to choose from to post on our blog.  Sometimes it is hard to try not to be disruptive of the meeting but still take some good pictures.  Anyways, as the new President of our delightful group,  I hope to continue on with Belinda's fun adventures for our sweet quilt group.

We started off this year by seeing the fabric that I picked out for the quilt to be made this year for Festival of Trees.  I think quite a few of you found it fun and interesting.  Maybe just a small bit of a challenge I have given you, too.  I hope so.  I know you all love just a small bit of challenge.

Anyways, Belinda has taken on the roll of our birthday coordinator for our group.  With that said, she showed us what our little gift will be when each of our birthdays rolls around … a cute little "Snap Bag".  And our only birthday person for the month was … Belinda!!!

Also we had several visitors this month (awesome!!), to include our outgoing area representative, Cindy, and our incoming new area representative, Pam.  She was delighted to see our group.  We wish you lots of luck, Pam, on your new job.

I also mentioned that we need to keep our dates available, Sept 16-20, for Quilt Fest, because it is going to be in our backyard of Layton.  Yippee!!  But of course I can not forget what comes first … HQMS on the dates of May 8-10.  Again … YIPPEE!!!

And even before those two events is the National Quilt Day (NQD).  Which is cute to call it a "day" when really it is two days … March 21st & 22nd at Legacy Village in Layton (I will keep you all informed/reminded as time progresses closer to the dates).  We get to sell our items and show off our wonderful quilts.  Better yet … get to see some truck shows!!  I will be looking for many of you to volunteer to either be greeters or security of our quilts or just have fun at our personal table selling our crafts.

Then I, NOT a teacher, decided to show you at our meeting, how to make the cute little 10-minute table runner/12-minute gift bag that I see being talked about in many fabric stores.  I was so pleasantly surprised that many of you had not made one of these.  I love the fast and easy runner which makes great gifts, too.  

Remember next month to bring your sewing machines if you want to stay for a sewing-in.  I am continuing on with my teaching skills (MAYBE) of a tote bag.  I want to mention, though, it you don't want to make the tote, please consider staying and work on a project of your choice.  I mean, isn't it always fun to just sit around and sew with many friends there too.  Then there is also the QOV quilt squares that need to be put together.  Just a thought.

Ok I am babbling on.  I will do my best to keep you all informed as best as possible about the happenings around us and within our group … and with that goes a big shout out to Yvonne!!!  We love you girlfriend.

On to the pictures …



LOL, the first picture of me as President,
with a funny face.  That's me for sure!!
I am showing the fabric to be used
 for the Festival of Trees quilt. 

Belinda showing everyone the "Snap Bag"
that will be our  birthday gift this year.  I
 believe there might be a small
treat also inside … 

Our birthday girl, Belinda, showing us a
quilt she made for one of her children.
She did it start to finish.   Even the quilting.  

Our lovely, Pauline, showing us the tablet cover she made.
  She is just so darn talented!!!  Except she said next time she
 wouldn't use the plastic.
Guess it didn't goes as well as she wished.  

Pauline showing us one of the quilts she made.
 This is the back of it.  

And here is the front of that quilt.  Did I already say how
 talented she is?  What a beautiful quilt!!! (Also
Congratulations Pauline on the
new grand baby boy, Greyson!!!)

Pauline … spectacular !!!

Then Shelley stepped up with a quilt she made.
Just magnificent!  

Here is one of our newest members, Barbara.  How sweet
 is she!!!  She has been such a busy person with moving from
 Wyoming to here and unpacking … but brought us some
 potholders for us to look at.  They were gorgeous!  

And here is one of our visitors, Diane (hope she
comes back and joins the fun).  She has made
 a quilt top and was looking for someone to
 quilt it for her.  We just didn't let her off that
 easy … she had to show us!!  It was wonderful!!!  

Then came Bonnie.  Oh my gosh!!  Sometimes I can't find
words for the work and beauty in quilt creations.
And Connie is showing one here.  

Sorry, Mardell … your head got cut off but I just had
to include the picture of your lovely show and tell items!!!  

You are such a happy person, Jeanette! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Syracuse Utah Quilt Guild November 14, 2023

June 14th Quilt Guild Meeting